Valley Court Diversion Programs offers Alternative Programs for Youth and Adults
The mission of Valley Court Diversion Programs is to help individuals referred from Windsor County, Vermont and portions of Grafton County, New Hampshire, who have committed minor infractions of the law to avoid the formal judicial system by utilizing appropriate alternative programs individually designed for each offender. Successful completion of the alternative program frees the individual from further court action and dismisses his/her charge.
Our Guiding Principles
- Ensure that the applicant acknowledges responsibility for violating the law.
- Focus on the harm experienced by the victim, the person who violated the law, and the safety of the community.
- Show respect and empathy for all parties.
- Ensure opportunities for victims to have a voice.
- Provide opportunities for the person who violated the law to repair the harm and to learn how to address the underlying causes for the violation, empowering him/her to make more positive life choices in the future.
- Actively involve the community in the response to the harm experienced by all parties.
- Develop achievable contract obligations that relate to repairing the harm and, where appropriate, address the underlying causes of the behavior.
- By the end of the diversion process, ensure that offenders have had an opportunity to develop an understanding of how his/her actions affected others.
2008 - Support for a computer consultant to consolidate databases.